8 Hour - Practical Skills Refresher "Hands On"
scroll down to see class offerings
Hours: 8 (All classes 8 am – 5 pm unless otherwise noted)
TCEQ Course Code 1201: This course is primarily designed to provide the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) required eight (8) hours of “hands-on” continuing education and to serve as a refresher of test procedures associated with Backflow Prevention Assemblies for licensed Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers (BPAT).
Note: This class is conducted on Thursday of the 40-hour Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers course or the second day of the 16-hour BPAT Hydraulics class, but may also be scheduled independently.
Click here to: Check your CE Hours at TCEQ
Completing this course provides continuing education credit for the following licenses:
- 8-hours of continuing education credit for licensed Backflow Prevention Assembly Testers (BPAT)
- Any currently licensed as a Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester, or other license as appropriate to receive eight (8) hours of continuing education credits.
Effective September 1, 2017, pursuant to TCEQ Reg-521 "Criminal History Guidelines", those with a felony criminal history should contact TCEQ Licensing Division prior to registering for a training course. Specific criminal history could negatively impact the ability to receive a TCEQ issued occupational license.
The participant must be currently licensed as a Backflow Prevention Assembly Tester or other license as appropriate to receive 8 hours of continuing education.
- Limiting Tester’s Liability/NIIO
- Test Procedures for:
- Reduced Pressure Principle Assembly – RPZ
- Double CheckValve Assembly – DC
- Pressure Vacuum Breaker Assembly – PVB
- Spill-Resistant Vacuum BreakerAssembly – SVB
- Hands-on Practice of Test Procedures
Course Number: 18-1201-07b
Course Number: 18-1201-07c
Course Number: 18-1201-08a
Course Number: 18-1201-08b
Course Number: 18-1201-08c
Course Number: 18-1201-09a
Course Number: 18-1201-09b
Course Number: 18-1201-09c
Course Number: 18-1201-09d
Course Number: 18-1201-10
(Attendance at this class will require a separate payment for parking to be made to the university.)
Sam Houston State University (Piney Woods Hall)
2120 Avenue I
Huntsville, Texas 77340
Course Number: 18-1201-10b